Nationale Gedenk- und Sondermünzen

Moderator: Sebastian D.

Antworten
07chri07
Danksagung erhalten: 0

10 euro irland

Beitrag von 07chri07 » Mo 19.04.04 16:34

Hallo!

Habe heute ein Bestellformular für eine neue 10-Euro Münze aus Irland in proof Qualität erhaten. Ich werde sie mir aber nicht bestellen, da mir 30 Euro zuzüglich 10 Euro Versand einfach zu teuer ist. Die Münze sieht aber trotzdem nicht schlecht aus.

MfG Christian

mfr
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von mfr » Mo 19.04.04 16:57

Anlass der Prägung ist übrigens die irische Präsidentschaft der EU (1.1.2004-30.6.2004).
Die Auflage beträgt 50.000 Stück und Erstausgabe war am 3, April.
Hier ein Bild von der irischen Zentralbank.
[ externes Bild ][ externes Bild ]
An Irish euro collector coin, specially minted to celebrate the accession of ten new countries to the European Union, was presented today (Saturday 3 April) to the Finance Ministers and Central Bank governors attending the ECOFIN meeting at Punchestown, Co. Kildare. Irish Minster for Finance, Charlie McCreevy, presented the €10 silver proof coins to all EU and accession country finance ministers, while the Governor of the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland, John Hurley, made presentations to all central bank governors, also from the EU and accession states, attending this weekend’s meeting.

The coin, which has been produced on behalf of the Minister for Finance by the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland, depicts a swan nesting ten eggs – used to represent the EU welcoming ten new countries into the fold. The obverse of the coin features the names of the ten accession countries in their own official languages. A limited edition of 50,000 of the collector coins has been produced. They will go on sale to the public from 8 April.

Speaking at the presentation of the coins, Minister for Finance, Charlie McCreevy, said: "I am very proud that the most extensive enlargement in the history of the European Union should occur during the Irish Presidency. It is a truly historic occasion and one which deserves to be appropriately

commemorated. The coin that I am presenting to my ministerial colleagues today, just four weeks before enlargement, reflects the emergence of a new era of prosperity and opportunity for the people of Europe”, he said.

“I am particularly delighted that my colleagues from the ten accession states can be here with us in Kildare this weekend and it will be a highlight of my Presidency of the Ecofin Council to welcome them to our next meeting as full members of the Union."

Governor John Hurley also remarked on the historical significance of the occasion. “It is with great pride that I present this coin, issued by the Central Bank, to my fellow governors today. In particular, I am delighted to present the coin to the accession country governors. Designed by Irish artists, whose creativity and craftsmanship will be seen in all the countries of an enlarged Europe from 1 May, it symbolises our hopes for an economically prosperous future for Europe. I hope that these coins will be admired by people in all countries of the enlarged Europe”, he said.

“Each of the ten accession countries bring to the European Union their national strengths and specialities, and I expect that the energy and dynamism released by the accession process will percolate through to the rest of the EU, not least as a catalyst in creating a more competitive environment and in hastening structural reform”, added the Governor.

Having been invited to produce a collector coin by the Minister last year, the Central Bank organised a national competition, inviting designs from all interested parties. With the help of the Arts Council of Ireland, ten artists were invited to submit their designs; the entry by Mr. Thomas Emmet Mullins was chosen as the winner. Mr. Mullins is the designer of the Celtic Swan, which appears on the front of the coin. Mr. Paul Regan is the designer of the wording which appears around the national side of the coin.

An official order form for the accession collector coin is available from the Central Bank & Financial Services Authority of Ireland by phoning 1890 307 607 or (+ 353 1) 2955666 from outside Ireland.

Images of the coin are available from Maxwell Photography tel : +353 87 2558147

-ends-

Further information:
Dermot Ryan, Department of Finance: (01) 6760336
Neil Whoriskey / Elaine Mannix, Central Bank: (01) 434 4276 / (087) 221 9199

Note for editors:
Thomas Emmet Mullins is a qualified Graphic Designer / Illustrator and has worked in his profession in Ireland for the past four years and more recently in Canada. He was born in Co. Wicklow and has always had a huge interest in Art and Design. He also holds a great respect for traditional Irish Art and was delighted to have the opportunity here to blend Irish heritage into contemporary design. He has received international illustration awards and is currently on the Panel of Artists for An Post Irish Stamp Design. To view more of his work, you can visit his website at www.gilled.com.

Irish artist Paul Regan is known primarily as a painter and exhibits regularly in Ireland and abroad. Born in Dublin in 1970, the artist studied at COMAD Dublin, graduated in 1993 and has since concentrated on painting for exhibition and commission. In addition to paintings, Regan also produces prints and sculpture. He has received several awards in art and design and has works included in public and private collections in Ireland, U.K. and America.
Quelle: www.centralbank.ie

arturo

Beitrag von arturo » Di 20.04.04 20:56

Hmm, eine wirklich tolle Münze!

Leider habe ich meine Sammelgebiete ab 2003 deutlich eingeschränkt, sodass ich mir dieses Stück auch nicht bestellen werde. Schade eigentlich!!
[color=red]

***** 2. BUNDESLIGA TIPPKÖNIG SAISON 2005/2006 *****
[/color]

Obelix
Beitrag von Obelix » Mi 21.04.04 21:24

arturo hat geschrieben:Hmm, eine wirklich tolle Münze!

Leider habe ich meine Sammelgebiete ab 2003 deutlich eingeschränkt, sodass ich mir dieses Stück auch nicht bestellen werde. Schade eigentlich!!
@arturo

Man kann doch auch mal eine Ausnahme machen! ;)
[url=http://www.muensteraner-muenzen.de][img]http://www.muensteraner-muenzen.de/banner/msmuenzen_234x60.jpg[/img][/url]

arturo

Beitrag von arturo » Do 22.04.04 13:48

Obelix hat geschrieben:
arturo hat geschrieben:Hmm, eine wirklich tolle Münze!

@arturo

Man kann doch auch mal eine Ausnahme machen! ;)
Prima Obelix!
Habe heute einen Bestellschein in der Post gehabt. Soll ich ihn gleich an Dich weiterleiten? ;-)
[color=red]

***** 2. BUNDESLIGA TIPPKÖNIG SAISON 2005/2006 *****
[/color]

free.ei

Beitrag von free.ei » Do 22.04.04 18:53

Habe heute auch den Bestellschein erhalten.Aber 10 € Porto! :( :( :(

Ich glaube da werde ich sie mir lieber bei *bay holen.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag