Silbermünze 5 Reichsmark

1871-1945/48
soggi
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von soggi » So 26.08.07 21:16

Von der Seite hab ich das Wort gar nicht gesehen ;)..für mich war rüstungsbedeutend nur auf Erstellung von Waffen u.ä. bezogen und dafür wurde Silber nicht verwendet.

also kann man sagen es war indirekt rüstungsbedeutend...was ja wieder unter
soggi hat geschrieben: ...als Staatsrücklage o.ä. bzw allgemein als wertbeständiges Material...
fallen würde :).

Hast Du irgendwelche Quellen parat? Mich würde wirklich mal interessieren wie das war.

Gruß
soggi
:morning: [url=http://soggi.gmxhome.de/Tauschliste.xls]Tauschliste[/url] | [url=http://www.numismatikforum.de/ftopic21383.html]Münzbewertungen[/url]

[b]Ihr seid so wie sie wollen, daß ihr seid.
Und sie wollen, daß ihr bleibt wie ihr seid alle Zeit![/b]

Zaggy

Beitrag von Zaggy » Mo 17.09.07 04:49

The Copper (Cu) portion of these coins were the reason they were not produced after 1939. Like Nickel (used in Armour, Gun Barrels, Transmittion Wire, etc), Copper was very important to the War Effort. Copper IS a very important Hardening Alloy (Add Copper to softer metal to make harder alloy - same reason they used it with silver to make coin). The Silver as you have said, was also important in trade for raw materials.

Unlike Nickel Coins, there was no general recall of Silver Coins. They remained in circulation until 20th June 1948 (In the Allied Sectors at least).
Zaggy
Ich spreche nicht Deutsches - Australien
Untersuchung der Deutsch-Drittes Reich Münzen!

soggi

Beitrag von soggi » Di 18.09.07 02:13

I think all facts combined made them stop the minting of these coins...but espacially for the 5 RM coins the silver would be the determining fact!

You're right, the Silver coins are still very common unlike the nickel coins (especially the 50 Rpf with swastika). That may also be caused by the fact that nickel is not a metal which is hoarding by the folks because it has no real elemetary worth like silver or gold.

Btw I want to thank you that you've joined this community, it's nice to have an international communication :)!

regards
soggi
:morning: [url=http://soggi.gmxhome.de/Tauschliste.xls]Tauschliste[/url] | [url=http://www.numismatikforum.de/ftopic21383.html]Münzbewertungen[/url]

jeggy

Beitrag von jeggy » Di 18.09.07 08:19

Dietemann hat geschrieben:Das hat man vermutlich auch gemacht und dort wurde das Silber dann nicht eingeschmolzen, sondern nach dem Krieg wieder unter die Sammler verteilt. Deshalb ist auch noch soviel vorhanden.
Hallo Dietemann, gibt es hierfür Quellen, wo man das nachlesen kann?
Wer hat's erfunden?

Chippi
Danksagung erhalten: 2158 Mal

Beitrag von Chippi » Di 18.09.07 11:18

Bei eBay wurden letztens fast 4 Kg solcher Silbermünzen (1934-1939) verkauft. Der Verkäufer hatte vorher überhaupt keine Münzen verkauft - die hat er beim Umbau auf einen Dachboden gefunden.

Gruß Chippi
Wurzel hat geschrieben:@ Chippi: Wirklich gute Arbeit! Hiermit wirst du zum Byzantiner ehrenhalber ernannt! ;-)
Münz-Goofy hat geschrieben: Hallo Chippi, wenn du... kannst, wirst Du zusätzlich zum "Ottomanen ehrenhalber" ernannt.

Zaggy

Beitrag von Zaggy » Di 18.09.07 20:23

soggi hat geschrieben:I think all facts combined made them stop the minting of these coins...but espacially for the 5 RM coins the silver would be the determining fact!
Yes. Plus the fact that, Germany needed HARD Currency to purchase raw materials (I cant overstate it enough, how reliant on Foreign Raw materials the Third Reich 'war machine' was), and in the end, was cheaper to temporarily print notes while at war!
soggi hat geschrieben:You're right, the Silver coins are still very common unlike the nickel coins (especially the 50 Rpf with swastika). That may also be caused by the fact that nickel is not a metal which is hoarding by the folks because it has no real elemetary worth like silver or gold.
At the time, Nickel was actually highly valued in Germany. The use of Nickel in household goods and other items that were not 'easily recoverable' (ie, could not be recalled and melted down easily) was strictly forbidden in the 1930's!

The rarity of these Nickel Coins (both the Weimar 50Rpf, produced to 1938, AND the Nazi 50Rpf 1938-1939) is ultimately due to the Nickel recall in 1939-1940, and the 'invalidating' of coins made out of Nickel in 1940/ The invalidating was simply to encourage ppl to swap their Nickel 1RM's for Notes and 50Rpf for Aluminium 1935 coins!

My PERSONAL opinion, the Silver coins are more common simply because there was no recall of them. They stayed very much in circulation until 1948. Nickel coins, VAST quantities of them were smelted... in FY39/40, 25% of Germany's Nickel used for the manufacture of armaments came from Melted Coins!
soggi hat geschrieben:Btw I want to thank you that you've joined this community, it's nice to have an international communication :)!

regards
soggi
Thank you guys for putting up with my BAD GERMAN and English!

It is a GREAT forum here. The best I have come across in regards to German Coins of ANY type!

Normally, on forums or at coins clubs, I'm the 'odd one', asking all these questions about German Coins and getting no answers other than 'check the net'... At least here, most of my questions get answered and i learn a more facts just hanging round!

No, thank you guys for having such a great forum!

Danke!
Zaggy

B12
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von B12 » Di 18.09.07 21:06

@zaggy
du sprichst/schreibst besser in Deutsch als du zugibst ;-)
Um eine Sprache zu lernen (du hast gesagt, daß du das willst)
musst du Sie benutzen !

Gruss
Daniel

B12
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von B12 » Di 18.09.07 21:08

Dietemann hat folgendes geschrieben:
Das hat man vermutlich auch gemacht und dort wurde das Silber dann nicht eingeschmolzen, sondern nach dem Krieg wieder unter die Sammler verteilt. Deshalb ist auch noch soviel vorhanden.
Daran habe ich aber erhebliche Zweifel !

soggi

Beitrag von soggi » Di 18.09.07 23:12

Zaggy hat geschrieben: At the time, Nickel was actually highly valued in Germany.
But not for the folks, I think - for them nickel was no symbol for richness somthing similar. For the regime oder the induytry it was, of course! I think they produced the nickel coins with firm intention to have this nickel for sure.
Zaggy hat geschrieben: My PERSONAL opinion, the Silver coins are more common simply because there was no recall of them. They stayed very much in circulation until 1948.
My opinion is that almost no one payed with silver coins during the WWII and after it the Reichsmark was so devaluated that nobody was so crazy to pay with 2 or 5 RM silver coins. I'm not sure about this but it's very logical. So a considerable number of them remain in private ownership.

soggi

Zaggy

Beitrag von Zaggy » Mi 19.09.07 16:45

B12: Ich versuche, Deutsches zu verwenden. Sehr wenige Plätze, zum es hier zu verwenden zwar. Ich lese gerade Deutschen und übersetze langsam. Schreiben ist viel härter und langsam.

Wunsch I konnte Deutschland in der Zeit für eine Weile sein. Deutsches tägliches des Gebrauches habend, bilden, besser zu erlernen!

Soggi: yes, I would like to find out that stuff actually... The circulation statistics for 5RM coins vs 5RM notes... Would be interesting... Both what you say and what I say is completely valid... The statistics might reveal which is more likely... :)
Zaggy

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag