I am interested in learning about the 1894-1895 Neu Guinea Compagnie coins. I was hoping members of the Numismatik community here could recommend some books, websites, or other information sources on this topic (German-language sources are fine).
Particular interests include
- the diagnostic features that distinguish polierte platte and standard issue coins for each denomination
- details of the embossing / minting process
- embossing technology used at the Berlin mint in the 1890s
- differences in how polierte platte and standard issue coins were struck
- number of embossing dies used for the different denominations of neu guinea compagnie coins
- for what purpose were the polierte platte issues produced and the number minted for each denomination
It would also be interesting in hearing opinions on the diagnostic features that differentiate the polierte platte and standard issue coins from anyone with experience in handling these coins. Photo examples are always welcomed!
Many thanks in advance,