GOETZ: 1916, Silver Birth Medal

Diskussionen rund um Medaillen, Medailleure, Jetons, Rechenpfennige

Moderator: Lutz12

Antworten
Bronzemonger
Danksagung erhalten: 0
GOETZ: 1916, Silver Birth Medal

Beitrag von Bronzemonger » Mi 21.02.07 00:35

K336, GERTRAUD MARGARETE GOETZ, 1916, Cast Silver, 60mm, 60.0g., incuse edge-punch “KGoeTz” at 7 o’clock, Gussfrisch, RRR in silver.

Commemorative birth medal for the oldest daughter of the artist, Gertraud Margarete Goetz born April 22, 1916.

Obverse: Newborn being bathed in a German helmet filled with heated water from diesel torches below. Perimeter displays the 12 astrological signs while other astrological signs significant to her birth time and place are placed around the bathing baby.

Reverse: Inscription within pearled border reads; "In the year 1916 during World War I on April 22 the Saturday
after Good Friday at 7:30 p.m. was born Gertraud Margarete Goetz and was christened at St.Joseph church accompanied by the wishes for God s blessing, M.G.-K.G. Inscription in periphery "Above all my child be faithful and true." The Lamb of God rests bottom center over the Munich city shield with robed Munich child.

[ externes Bild ]
[ externes Bild ]
[img]http://crestviewcable.com/~archy2/fun/sig.jpg[/img]

mumde
Danksagung erhalten: 18 Mal

Beitrag von mumde » Do 22.02.07 23:32

Dear Bronzemonger, this one is lovely. And it must be rare indeed. I think I have handled only struck silver medals so far, I cannot remember any cast silver Goetz medals.
Gruß mumde

Zwerg
Danksagung erhalten: 1320 Mal

Beitrag von Zwerg » Do 22.02.07 23:43

Einfach nur schön!

Danke für die Fotos!

Thanks a lot
Zwerg
ΒIOΣ ΑΝЄΟΡΤAΣΤΟΣ ΜΑΚΡΗ ΟΔΟΣ ΑΠΑNΔΟKEYTOΣ
Ein Leben ohne Feste ist ein langer Weg ohne Gasthäuser (Demokrit)

Bronzemonger
Danksagung erhalten: 0
Beitrag von Bronzemonger » Do 22.02.07 23:44

Thank you mumde... Yes, Goetz actually cast quite a few different designs in silver with some early Royal family 90mm pieces, assorted designs for his patrons the von Volckamer Kirchensittenbach, and many of his WWI statiricals too. The 60mm and larger casts are of extreme rarity while many of the 58mm satiricals from WWI are even rarer as patrons were required to bring in enough silver for Goetz to cast the piece for them.

This particular birth medal I believe was made for either his wife, Margarete, or someone close in his immediate family because he went to great expense to announce the birth.

I am hoping to have my Goetz web site up and running with galleries, history, Kienast text, and forum by June at which time you'll be able to peruse most of Goetz' works at your leisure. Scott
[img]http://crestviewcable.com/~archy2/fun/sig.jpg[/img]

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag