GOETZ: K 65 Van Wien Birthmedal, 1910

Diskussionen rund um Medaillen, Medailleure, Jetons, Rechenpfennige

Moderator: Lutz12

Antworten
Bronzemonger
Danksagung erhalten: 0
GOETZ: K 65 Van Wien Birthmedal, 1910

Beitrag von Bronzemonger » So 01.07.07 21:26

K 65 JOHANNA VAN WIEN, 1910, Cast Silver, 55mm., 170.70g., Edge-punch; “KGoeTz, Silber”, Gussfrisch, RRR.

Goetz was commissioned by the Dutch Van Wien family to commemorate their daughter’s birth on April 3, 1910.

Obverse: Inscribed, J and S, Full-sailed schooner sailing past windmill and tulip field. Cartouche reads in Dutch “EENE VOORSPOEDIGE VAART” (A Prosperous Journey.”) KGoeTz below.

Reverse: Flower frond over name “JOHANNA VAN WIEN” and “GEBOREN-IN-MÜNCHEN AM 3.APRIL 1910 (Born in Munich on April 3, 1910). The inscription lozenge below is surrounded by zodiac wheel above, spring wildflowers to each side and two flowers at the base. The lozenge sits upon a scrolled cartouche with the inscription; “GESEGNET SEIST-DU-VOM-EWIGEN-O-UNSERE-TOCHTER ( Blessed be you by the Lord, oh’ our daughter).

It could be interesting to note that Goetz had used the wrong zodiac sign of the bull for this birth date. Aries, the Ram, would have been the correct zodiac birth sign for this date.

[ externes Bild ]
Zuletzt geändert von Bronzemonger am So 01.07.07 21:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
[img]http://crestviewcable.com/~archy2/fun/sig.jpg[/img]

Zwerg
Danksagung erhalten: 1340 Mal

Beitrag von Zwerg » So 01.07.07 21:40

Hello Bronzemonger
I always like your postings - but - please allow me a tiny correction:

The family ist not "from Wein" - but - "from Wien"

The medal is definitely not a Goetz-masterpiece

Best regards
Zwerg
ΒIOΣ ΑΝЄΟΡΤAΣΤΟΣ ΜΑΚΡΗ ΟΔΟΣ ΑΠΑNΔΟKEYTOΣ
Ein Leben ohne Feste ist ein langer Weg ohne Gasthäuser (Demokrit)

Bronzemonger
Beitrag von Bronzemonger » So 01.07.07 21:45

Thanks Zwerg, I made the corrections. I'm having a dyslexic day....
[img]http://crestviewcable.com/~archy2/fun/sig.jpg[/img]

Zwerg
Danksagung erhalten: 1340 Mal

Beitrag von Zwerg » So 01.07.07 21:49

Just learnt a new word

http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=de&se ... h=dyslexic

Thanks vice versa

Zwerg
ΒIOΣ ΑΝЄΟΡΤAΣΤΟΣ ΜΑΚΡΗ ΟΔΟΣ ΑΠΑNΔΟKEYTOΣ
Ein Leben ohne Feste ist ein langer Weg ohne Gasthäuser (Demokrit)

research
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal
Geburtsmedaille der Johanna van Wien von Karl Goetz Kienast

Beitrag von research » Mo 14.12.09 23:10

Hallo Freunde der Goetz Medaillen,

kürzlich habe ich in der Zeitschrift Münzen und Sammeln den folgenden Artikel über die Geburtsmedaille der Johanna van Wien geschrieben:
http://www.kunstmedaillen.net/Denkmal.pdf

Dabei blieb das Schicksal der Familie van Wien offen.
Zwischenzeitlich ist es mir gelungen zur Tochter von Stefan van Wien Kontakt aufzunehmen. Stefan van Wien ist der ältere Bruder von Johanna van Wien.
Folgendes hat mir Frau Lyra (van Wien) Hekmatpanah geschrieben zum Schicksal ihrer Familie:

We were really amazed to receive your letter. You know a lot about our family! I'm sure there must have been a medal to honour the birth of my father, Stefan Van Wien, but I have no idea where that medal would be. But here are a few corrections.

My father, Stefan Van Wien, always spelled his name like that (never Stephan van Wien). My parents, Stefan and Marianne Van Wien, came to the United States alone (in 1934 or 1935)--that was their "honeymoon." My father's mother, Mathilde Van Wien, came alone to the U.S. in 1939. She died in 1945. My father died June 21,1962. My mother died in July 2005.

Johanna did marry (for her first marriage) Willi Bauer and they went to China. They subsequently divorced and my aunt Johanna then went to Australia (married a second time). She didn't come to the U.S. until about 1953 or 1954. She married a third time, never had children, and lived first in California and then Arizona. Johanna died too now (but I don't know the exact date).

I have a photograph showing me, aged about one year, sitting on my grandfather Ferdinand's lap. Thus he must have visited my parents in 1936. My grandfather returned to Germany. Apparently the Gestapo came to his home, looking for him. He wasn't at home. He felt that he had always been a good German, had done nothing wrong, and went to the police station. He had diabetes, and my understanding is that they simply didn't give him insulin, and that caused his death.

Ein schweres Schicksal, das diese Familie traf. Die Medaille von Karl Goetz wird zu einem wahren Denkmal im handlichen Format.
Für mich war es jedoch auch eine gute Nachricht, denn es ist den genannten Familienmitgliedern gelungen dem Naziterror zu entkommen.

Mit bestem Gruß
RESEARCH

Homepage über Kunstmedaillen

[ externes Bild ]
Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit - beim Universum bin ich mir nicht so sicher (Einstein).

GoetzM

Re: GOETZ: K 65 Van Wien Birthmedal, 1910

Beitrag von GoetzM » So 10.06.12 22:50

"GOETZ: K 65 Van Wien Birthmedal, 1910
von Bronzemonger » So 01.07.07 21:26
It could be interesting to note that Goetz had used the wrong zodiac sign of the bull for this birth date. Aries, the Ram, would have been the correct zodiac birth sign for this date."

Das war kein Fehler, der Stier steht nicht für ein Sternzeichen, sondern für Europa.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag