Morgan Dollar 1881

Alle Münzen vom Amerikanischen Kontinent
Antworten
Aospades54
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Morgan Dollar 1881

Beitrag von Aospades54 » Mo 14.05.18 07:22

Hallo Freunde,

wer kann mir zum Wert dieser Münze etwas sagen ? Es gibt hier bekannte Fälschungen, jedoch scheint dies keine davon zu sein.

Nach etlichem stöbern und Videos-gucken, sieht die Münze echt aus.

Die Erhaltung ist ziemlich passabel, wie ich meine. Wie viel kann man für so ein Stück ausgeben ?

Danke schonmal :lol:
Dateianhänge
MorganR.jpg
MorganA.jpg

villa66
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Re: Morgan Dollar 1881

Beitrag von villa66 » Mo 14.05.18 16:19

What follows is only comment from an American perspective, for whatever it's worth:

The American coin-hobby has a very strong dislike for damaged coins--and I'm afraid (by American standards, anyway), this 1881s silver dollar is a "problem coin." (Please take a careful look at the obverse and see the extensive scratching both in the fields and on the portrait. Circulation wear is OK, bag-marks--the American hobby has a relatively high tolerance for. But this coin is...damaged.)

The 1881s (from San Francisco) is among the commonest dates in the series, and circulated examples generally sell in the U.S. at its silver value plus a few dollars.

So 1881s dollars are easy to find. There's really no good reason to settle for a "problem coin."

I'm sorry to be so emphatic about all this, but problem coins just never get better. If anything, over time, they get worse. (I know this because like most of the folks on the Forum, I've bought my share of dogs.)

I hope not to have given offense, and if you own this coin already, I apologize twice.

;) v.

Aospades54
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Aospades54 » Di 15.05.18 06:05

Hi and thank you for your comment!

You dont have to apologize, I have to thank you!

I really wanted, to hear something like that and also from an american collector.

You there have the most experience with that and see coins likte that almost every day, and so your opinion is very interesting!

Regards

villa66
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Beitrag von villa66 » Mi 16.05.18 08:18

I am so glad you took my comments in the spirit I intended them--Danke!

;) v.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag