New auctions database - Munzeo.com

Alles was so unter den Römern geprägt wurde.

Moderator: Homer J. Simpson

beachcomber
Danksagung erhalten: 155 Mal

Re: New auctions database - Munzeo.com

Beitrag von beachcomber » Mi 18.07.12 18:51

definitively no obstacle! :)
regards
frank

klunch
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Munzeo.com - multiple entries for the same coin?

Beitrag von klunch » Fr 20.07.12 14:46

I just took a look at the site and feel kind of confused: My search for "aureus nero" resulted in several hits, but 9 times the same coin from the same seller for 9 different prices - this makes me feel confused. Is it purpose to have multiple entries for the same coin with different prices, even if the coin wasn't sold at the mentioned price?

Habe mir die Seite mal angeschaut und werde nicht so richtig daraus schlau:

Beispiel: Suche nach "Aureus Nero"

Treffer: 9 Mal die gleiche Münze zu 9 unterschiedlichen Preise vom "hirtenpeter" - diese Münze hatte ich auch oft in der Bucht gesehen. Klar, er hat sie nur einmal verkauft, aber es erscheinen alle 9 Einstellungen mit jeweils anderen Preisen. Das gibt für mich ein recht verzerrtes Bild vom tatsächlich erzielten Verkaufspreis. Ist das Absicht, die gleiche Münze mehrfach zu verschiedenen Preisen zu zeigen? Der Sinn erschließt sich mir nicht.
Lernen, lernen und nochmals lernen.

quisquam
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Beitrag von quisquam » Fr 20.07.12 17:22

Die eBay-Angebote werden wohl automatisiert übernommen und ich denke es ist einfach kaum machbar die Datenbank per Hand von wiederholt eingestellten Münzen zu befreien. Zumal der Aureus, um den es dir wohl geht, nicht nur von hirtenpeter2011, sondern zuvor mit recht ähnlichen Fotos von nickolaus123 angeboten wurde.

Und selbst wenn die Münze nur einmal auf eBay gewesen wäre hättest Du keine Gewissheit über den tatsächlich erzielten Verkaufspreis, da vom Verkäufer statt Sofortkaufpreis unter Umständen ein deutlich niedrigerer Preisvorschlag akzeptiert wurde.

Grüße, Stefan
Eigentlich sammle ich nicht Münzen, sondern das Wissen darüber.

areich
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von areich » Mo 30.07.12 14:25

I just looked at a "random coin" (suggested by the website) and there is an issue:

http://munzeo.com/coin/unbestimmte-grie ... onze-15584

Most of the entry is a list of countries the seller ships to which is useless information and once the database gets even larger, may also be a performance problem.
Another issue with this coin, it is sold as unidentified and therefore of little use to someone searching the database. It would be nice if there was some possibility to add comments or tags to this and other unidentified coins identifying (or at least descibing them) and causing them to be found in a search including these terms. Of course it would be up to the users to identify coins. The same goes for corrections.

Maybe this is not feasible and they will just have to stay unidentified, I don't know.

klunch

Munzeo.com - database system/data model/user interface

Beitrag von klunch » Di 31.07.12 01:13

It maybe would be interesting to have an idea of the database behind and the application to manage the database? (such as product/name) I mean having knowledge about the data storage model makes it easier to know, how to consistently modify the data and what information and with which format is needed to do so. Maybe there even is a web-based user-interface? :wink:

munzeo

Beitrag von munzeo » Fr 03.08.12 21:31

Thank you for ideas! They will be considered.

Areich, the country list is removed from descriptions.
Unfortunately different types of "noise" exist in descriptions of some coins. Would be great if you inform us when you see that kind of useless information.

Perhaps "Only sold" checkbox will be available soon in the search options.

areich
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von areich » Fr 03.08.12 22:16

I still see info on shipping, payment, return policy and questions, all of which could be removed in my opinion if technically possible.

munzeo

Beitrag von munzeo » Fr 10.08.12 13:46

New search option is now available - Only sold.

If it is checked only sold coins appear in the search results.
Sold coins are those which were listed as "Buy it now" and were sold or have more than 0 bids.

Try the option and tell me if any problems occur.
areich hat geschrieben:I still see info on shipping, payment, return policy and questions, all of which could be removed in my opinion if technically possible.
Areich,
1. Some of this information could be useful.
2. As I mentioned above many different types of "noise" exist. We can't manually edit hundreds of thousands of coins.

klunch

Beitrag von klunch » Do 16.08.12 14:50

The option Only sold works fine!

munzeo

Beitrag von munzeo » Mo 28.01.13 00:19

There is a new feature at Munzeo.com. "Similar coins" block below the coin auction data allows you to search for coins with same keywords, the same auction date or price. For example: veinte pesos

Antworten