HESSEN 3 mark 1917 .

1871-1945/48
Antworten
max_max
Danksagung erhalten: 0

HESSEN 3 mark 1917 .

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 12:14

hello , i don't speak german , so i hope it is allright in english .

pls look to this photos . this is very strange coin , with averse and reverse of 3 mark Hessen and gourt of thaller . weight of taller also . 18.1 gr. and this two letters on side... PM . i need help :) about authority of this coin ...max size is 85 kb .. if anyone want to get this photos in much better resolution . pls do not hesitate to give me a mail adress .
tnanx
Dateianhänge
hessentosmall.jpg

max_max

HESSEN 3 mark 1917 . PM

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 12:20

hessen PM
Dateianhänge
smallh.jpg

max_max

PM hessen

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 12:23

PM thaller gourt
Dateianhänge
pmgourt.jpg

Rambo
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Beitrag von Rambo » Sa 13.09.08 13:27

Hi,

this coin is a fake. The weight of the coin is too high, it should be 16,667 g. The scripture on the side is wrong, there are two characters, which are not on the original coin (PM). It looks like a cast fake. If you have any further questions, you can ask me.

max_max

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 15:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for answer , i know that 3 mark must be 16.6 gr , but i repeat that this coin weight exactly as thaller -18.1 gr. moreover the legend on the side of a coin is thaller legend -not 3 mark . and other parametres are exactly! as thaller coin. is it any reason to put PM to fake coin ? as my little experience - PM on german coins it is or mosambic province or probe mint ... but not a fake .
i see the patina is allmost 100% not real , but this is not telling me that it must be fake . pls give me any reason -not weight , why it is fake .
thank u .

Rambo

Beitrag von Rambo » Sa 13.09.08 15:25

The weigth can fluctuate about 1 - 2 % not more, than it can be authentic. The weight is the indicator nr. 1 for a fake. PM can stand for mosambic, but only for coins of the german cololonies in africa. I haven´t seen any coin with "PM" on ordinary coin issues.
An another reason are the side pearls. They are irregular. I have seen the same coin at ebay last year. The look were the same and it was also a fake.
The next reason is the low mintage of aproximatly 1333 pieces, because of that there are a lot of fakes on the market. Furthermore the substainment of the coin is very bad, normaly the qualitiy of the coin is proof (pp).
You can believe in my opinion or not, for basic informations you must send it to a estimator, who can make a expertise. In my opinion its to 99,99% a fake.

max_max

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 16:36

the coin you have seen on ebay -from nickname coinsdealer ? it is a coin .

i know about mintage , i know this coin is megarare , but this is NOT 3 mark hessen . this coin is exactly! like taller , and do not disctript in german catalog or krause . may be it is fantasy of some numismats. it can be true . i allmost ;) do not believe in miracles , but why they did it as thaller and not as 3 mark . not like origin ... interesing IMHO .

max_max

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 16:37

the coin you have seen on ebay -from nickname coinsdealer ? it is a coin .

i know about mintage , i know this coin is megarare , but this is NOT 3 mark hessen . this coin is exactly! like taller , and do not disctript in german catalog or krause . may be it is fantasy of some numismats. it can be true . i allmost ;) do not believe in miracles , but why they did it as thaller and not as 3 mark . not like origin ... interesing IMHO .

Rambo

Beitrag von Rambo » Sa 13.09.08 17:32

I don´t know the nickname. I only saw this coin last year.
Do you really mean that´s a misstrike, because it´s taller than an original one?
If the coin hasn´t the right diameter, than it will be a cast. Only fakes have this problem with the size.
Other types of this coin dosn´t exists. Each coin have the same side scripture "Gott mit uns", because they used allways the same knurling machine.

max_max

Beitrag von max_max » Sa 13.09.08 18:58

first of all , thank you for you answers Rambo . i'm respecting your willing to help .
the coin has a right size but for THALLER ! it is very strange to fake a rare coin so good and make such a mistakes ... and why the one will wright something that doesn't belong to this coin such as PM ?
were u get an information that other tips of this coin doesn't exist ? i'm not a big pro in German coins , but i know a little about Russian ones . and believe me THERE ARE types that doesnt exist in russian catalogs , do not speak even about Krause... :wink:
but most of the chances you are right and it is fake ) , i just want to understand this a little bit strange case ...

Rambo

Beitrag von Rambo » Sa 13.09.08 19:46

You need a lot of experience and a long time to learn to have a knowledge about this topic. I collect this coins for a long time and I know, that this coin is a fake. Furthermore exists much better fakes than this coin on your picture.

The german thalers form Hessen - Darmstadt were pruduced from aprox. 1819 - 1871 and the weight dosn´t conform with your 18,1 g. The coin blanks of thalers have the same weight like the 3 Mark. It exists no blank with 18,1 g. And such blanks form former thalers were never used again to produce new 3 Mark pieces, maybe the blanks from the thalers called "Vereinstaler" because they had the same weight, but no former blanks.

You can produce such coins very simple. It isn´t a good copy. A good fake have the same weight, the same size and the same material. I think your coin have an another alloy. I don´t think that is a 900er silver. My opinion is that it is silver plated with a copper core.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag