Karl Goetz - DIE WACHT AM RHEIN - Bronze

Diskussionen rund um Medaillen, Medailleure, Jetons, Rechenpfennige

Moderator: Lutz12

Antworten
Kye
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Karl Goetz - DIE WACHT AM RHEIN - Bronze

Beitrag von Kye » Do 27.07.06 14:53

Excuse my English. I've been reading up on the Karl Goetz artwork because my firend found this Coin/Medal in his Oma's garage. We hoped it might give some clue as to her past, that she would have this coin (assumedly had it since original mint). And also would like to get a rough Idea of it's monetary worth.

If you have and information reguarding this pice, please contact me at p3nguins@hotmail.com (in english preferrably)

Danke!

Jens_S
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von Jens_S » Di 01.08.06 20:18

Hi Kye,

i'm no expert myself, but from what i know it was minted around 1920 and there are different versions, so it's hard to say anything about the value
(if i had to guess i would say anything between 50 and 200 USD depending on size and condition).
The theme of the medal is protest against the stationing of african soldiers in the Rhineland during the french occupation. The French troops had become notorious for their harsh behavior towards the local civilian population.
There is a book about the Goetz medals: Gunter W. Kienast "The medals of Karl Goetz" (Vol. 1 Cleveland 1967) and "Goetz II" (Supplement, Lincoln 1986).
You can see other works at http://www.karlgoetz.com/
Man muß wählen, ob man der Stabilität des Goldes oder der Ehrenhaftigkeit und Intelligenz der Regierungen vertraut.
Bei allem Respekt vor diesen Herren – ich empfehle Gold. (Bernhard Shaw)

Kye
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Kye » Mi 02.08.06 02:29

We've got the coin in extremely good condition. no detail is really lost, but the high edges of the design are a bit rounded off. We had a look and there's three different versions of the medal, and ours is the 1920, woman tied to a phallice.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag