GOETZ: Early Paris Period silver lavaliere

Diskussionen rund um Medaillen, Medailleure, Jetons, Rechenpfennige

Moderator: Lutz12

Antworten
Bronzemonger
Danksagung erhalten: 0
GOETZ: Early Paris Period silver lavaliere

Beitrag von Bronzemonger » Sa 11.04.09 20:31

I know, many will thing this is OT but I'd beg to differ. During Goetz's early period and apprenticeship he was learning the ropes of metal properties and manipulation through engraving, casting, repousse', etc., While doing so in Paris he became known by several jewelry makers as a wonderful designer and they were buying up his designs as fast as he could create them. This made for a good income while Goetz added the final touches to his mastery of metal fabrication.

His true love was medals and he vowed that he would begin producing them once he returned to Munich. Now that I own most of the conceptual drawings for his jewelry and a number of crossover pieces (jewelry design incorporated into medals) I can begin to explore this interesting area of his life and artistic development. Several early medals made while he was in Paris have different flavors of this same girl incorporated into the design. Could this have been his idealized woman, or someone he was seeing while in Paris? Don't know yet...

This is a silver Lavaliere (design meant to hang from an ornate necklace). I can't as yet vouch for it's unique status until I do further investigation but it was shown in Kienast's Volume II, page 4, along with other early works in a cabinet tray, many or which I now own.

The piece measures 93mm wide X 64mm tall.

[ externes Bild ]
[img]http://crestviewcable.com/~archy2/fun/sig.jpg[/img]

Patlin
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal
Beitrag von Patlin » Sa 11.04.09 21:04

Wunderschön :)

Ist das aus der Epoche : " Jugendstil " :?:

LG

Patlin

Bronzemonger
Danksagung erhalten: 0
Beitrag von Bronzemonger » Sa 11.04.09 22:26