Diskussionen rund um Medaillen, Medailleure, Jetons, Rechenpfennige

Moderator: Lutz12

Antworten
Alter Schwede
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Illis Quorum

Beitrag von Alter Schwede » Mo 10.04.06 12:08

Hi!

My family owns an illis Quorum. Could anyone give me a hint about the value?

Sorry for writing in English!

Best regards
Zuletzt geändert von Alter Schwede am Mo 10.04.06 16:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Scheleck
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Scheleck » Mo 10.04.06 13:52

Hi Alter Schwede,
please send a picture of Illis Quorum in this Forum.
Many Thanks Scheleck
Das Auge schläft, bis es der Geist mit einer Frage weckt.

klaupo
Danksagung erhalten: 282 Mal

Beitrag von klaupo » Mo 10.04.06 23:44

Hi Alter Schwede,

for those who may not have heard yet about your ILLIS QUORUM let me copy some information taken from Wikipedia.
Illis Quorum (Illis Quorum Meruere Labores) ["For Those Whose Labors Have Deserved It"], today the highest award that can be conferred upon an individual Swedish.
Introduced in 1784 by H.M. the King Gustav III of Sweden. First awarded in 1785, the Illis Quorum, a gold medal, is given to those who have made outstanding cultural and artistic contributions to Sweden.
If the Illis Quorum can be compared with the British Order of Merit (Gold, 50 x 35 mm, intended for award to those whose achievements in the fields of art, music and literature were outstanding) the Medal Yearbook 1999 may give the following hints: "Fewer than 160 awards have been made ...The insignia of those appointed since 1991 have to be returned on the death of the recipient. The insignia of members appointed prior to that date is retained, but understandably few items have come on the market." Estimated Value 3.500 - 4500 Pounds.

If this estimate can be transferred to your family's award you will know at latest if you offer it to a well reputed Swedish mail-bid house.

Regards klaupo

P.S. Why didn't you add a photo or scan?

Antworten