Hilfe, bitte, mit Lingner 20/12?

Privat ausgegebene Münzen, Notgeld und Münzersatzmittel

Moderator: KarlAntonMartini

Antworten
villa66
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Hilfe, bitte, mit Lingner 20/12?

Beitrag von villa66 » Sa 19.06.10 21:57

Thanks to the magic of the Internet I have a fair idea of who and where, but maybe someone would be kind enough to explain to me how and for what the following piece was used? Was it money within Lingner’s stores(?) (20) or factory (12), or—since it was denominated not in pfennig, but in “points”—was it some other kind of token, perhaps?

And maybe someone knows when it was used?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:) v.
Dateianhänge
DSCF5762.JPG
DSCF5763.JPG

KarlAntonMartini
Danksagung erhalten: 903 Mal

Re: Hilfe, bitte, mit Lingner 20/12?

Beitrag von KarlAntonMartini » Sa 19.06.10 23:37

Lingner was a producer of Mundwasser (mouth wash), the trade mark was Odol. He lived in Dresden and became rich. He spent lot of money for a foundation "Hygiene-Museum"
http://www.dhmd.de/neu/index.php?id=791
and bought one of the Elbe-Castles in Dresden. The token was a kind of "Rabatt-Marke".
Here the castle (the one in the middle) : http://www.dresden-central.de/fileadmin ... ser-04.jpg
I live only a few hundred meters from the point the photo was taken. Grüße, KarlAntonMartini
Tokens forever!

Batzenfreund
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Beitrag von Batzenfreund » Mi 23.06.10 16:26

Dear villa66, lieber KarlAntonMartini,
I try to write in English, so please forgive me if there are mistakes. The name Karl August Lingner leads also a little bit to Switzerland. About 1900 Dr. Lingner bought the castle of Tarasp (canton Graubuenden) and renovated it perfectly in the following 10 years. The small territory of Tarasp and its castle belonged from 1684 to 1698 to Ferdinand Joseph of Dietrichstein zu Nicolsburg, who minted Talers in 1695 and Ducats in 1696 with the legend DOMINUS IN TRASP. You can find more infos about the casle and Dr. Lingner by www.schloss-tarasp.ch .
Yours sincerely
Batzenfreund

villa66

Beitrag von villa66 » Sa 26.06.10 01:53

Danke, KarlAntonMartini; nice neighborhood!

Und Danke, Batzenfreund, for the additonal connection of Lingner to a castle. I read it with interest. My own country is a great place, but there is hardly any country on earth that couldn't be improved by some mountain-top castles!

About the token. I'm sorry I don't understand the nuance--but what is a "Rabatt-Marke?" Was this piece usable as money? Why the double-denomination? Any idea whether this is posthumous piece, issued after his death? Or did he issue tokens with his portrait while he was still alive?

A lot of questions, I know. But any help is very much appreciated.

rati
Danksagung erhalten: 125 Mal

Beitrag von rati » So 27.06.10 07:31

Dear villa66,

a Rabatt-Marke are saving points.It says on the piece,when you buy in a shop products of the Lindner Company, you get 20 points.When you buy from the factory (maybe as an shop owner)you get 12 cash points.The last line reads:look at the brochure of Lindner company.In this brochure the usually tell you what you get when you collect a certain amount of points.
I thing the piece shows the head of the founder of the company in memory and this item were in use not during his lifetime.
I have or had one of this pieces and I always thought it was from East-Germany,but it Could be from before the war .Maybe some one other can tell you.
Here in Germany this has been in the sixties a very common praxis.Mostly you got stamp like items to glue in an booklet.The modern way is the points you collect on your airline tickets and others.

Greetings
rati

villa66

Beitrag von villa66 » So 27.06.10 20:18

Thank you so much, rati. A good explanation--now I understand about the "Rabatt-Marke."

In the '60s and early '70s my mother and grandmother used to fill booklets of "Green Stamps" (from certain grocery stores, etc.) and then look through the "S & H Green Stamp" catalog to see what item they wanted, and how many booklets full of stamps they needed.

I really appreciate the extra details in your answer.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag
  • Brauche Hilfe!
    von heiheg » » in Token, Marken & Notgeld
    3 Antworten
    392 Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag von heiheg
  • Hilfe bei Münzbestimmung